Moutai, the most revered spirit in China, will host the final of its Enter The Dragon Cocktail Competition on 13th November at QT Melbourne, with finalists vying to win the once-in-alifetime trip to China.
Now in its second year, Enter The Dragon broadened its scope to include not only Australian hopefuls but New Zealand’s elite. Competitors were tasked with using Australian native flavours in their competition cocktail creations. Participants then had to present their Moutai-inspired masterpieces, delivering a five-minute demonstration of their inventiveness and precision in front of the panel of esteemed judges.
Jason Crawley of The Drink Cabinet, said, “We’ve been overwhelmed by the calibre of this year’s entrants, with an inspiring mix of well-established and hotly tipped bartenders entering the competition, including three finalists from this year’s Australian Bartender of the Year”.
The ‘Enter The Dragon’ top ten finalists and their cocktails, who will have a chance to take out victory in the final, are:
- Kevin Peters, Garden State Hotel, VIC – ‘Year of The Snake’
- Jono Carr, Kittyhawk, NSW – ‘It’s Always Sunny in Guizhou Province’
- Joe Singara. Halford, WA – ‘Lucky 8’
- Quynh Van Nguyen, Charlie Parker’s, NSW – ‘It’s Native Fizz Thyme’
- Tom Kearney, Mechanics Institute, WA – ‘The End of The Dragon’
- Phillip Weber, El Grotto, WA – ‘Shaolin Sour’
- Ray Letoa, Roxy Cinema, NZ – ‘Descendants Elixir’
- Jack Krzywdzinski, The 18th Amendment, VIC – ‘Honorary Native’
- Thomas Egan, New Gold Mountain VIC – ‘Xiao Long’
- Benjamin Parton, The Barlow Room SA – ‘Shuang Fizz’
Jenny Chiu, Moutai’s Brand Manager, said: “The response to this year’s Enter The Dragon competition has been incredible with more entrants than ever before, and the creative standard on display nothing short of immense. It is inspiring to see so many bartenders appreciating the broad spectrum and uniqueness of Moutai flavours. The competition has showcased that topflight
bartenders can tie Moutai with native flavours, and use their creative genius to produce meaningful
cocktails that the Australian market both understands and enjoys”.
Stay tuned to hear who wins! For more info head to: www.enterthedragon.com.au