Well it’s that time of year again; Centennial Parklands has once more been transformed into a foodie paradise for the weekend, as Taste of Sydney returns to keep our bellies happy and our taste buds wanting more.
The city’s top restaurants, chefs, independent producers and food fanatics are all in one place for the gastronomic get-together, and we were privvy to the launch night on Thursday which gave us a flavour for what to expect this year.
- Thievery (Glebe) creating contemporary Middle Eastern inspired dishes with a twist.
- Returning restaurant favourites such as hatted-restaurants, MoVida (Surry Hills), Biota Dining (Bowral) and Saké Restaurant & Bar (The Rocks and Double Bay) will each serve up a selection of delicious and exciting dishes.
- South African chef, David Higgs and South African MasterChef judge and chef of Tsogo Sun Hotel, Benny Masekwameng, who will share their culinary knowledge and signature food offerings throughout the weekend at the South African Garden.
- The Electrolux Taste Theatre featuring live cooking demonstrations by some of Sydney’s leading chefs on the latest cooking appliances from Electrolux.
- Guest chefs at the Lurpak- Go Freestyle sessions will demonstrate the art of matching flavours with Lurpak in a series of 15 minute masterclasses
- Wine tasting masterclasses with The Wine Society, presented by some charismatic wine experts
There’s also an abundance of local artisan producers, live entertainment and some quaffable margaritas. The competition is also on for the most instagramable dish so get hashtagging #TasteofSydney.
Lunch and/or dinner tickets available on the gates (from $15) or beat the queues online via Ticketek Australia – www.ticketek.com.au/tasteofsydney
WHAT: Taste of Sydney 2016
WHERE: Centennial Parklands
WHEN: Thurs 10th – Sunday 13th March 2016, 5.30pm – 10pm